“Doesn’t really make sense to drive Land Rover with sauna attached to it for two weeks.”
“There is no startup activity outside Helsinki.”
We got a lot of these comments before submitting for the #100finnishstartups tour.
We love them. They add fuel to our fire. We ought to prove them wrong.
Thanks to Slush, Helsinki has become the startup hub where everything happens. But Helsinki has been in the spotlight for too long. We are going to look at what’s going on outside the Ring I Road.
In order to celebrate Finland’s 100th anniversary, we’re on the mission to find 100 early-stage startups outside Helsinki.
12 cities in two weeks. Coaching sessions will be held in Turku, Pori, Vaasa, Kuopio, Joensuu, Jyväskylä, Mikkeli, Kouvola, Lahti, Tampere, Hämeenlinna and Vantaa.
In addition to our know-how, we will be accompanied with a real sauna where founders and community builders can relax after the coaching event.
#100finnishstartups is part of the program on the centenary of Finland’s independence in 2017 and it’s sponsored by our partner Ilmarinen.
- Turku, Finland – August 21, 2017
- Pori, Finland – August 22, 2017
- Vaasa, Finland – August 23, 2017
- Kuopio, Finland – August 24, 2017
- Joensuu, Finland – August 25, 2017
- Jyväskylä, Finland – August 28, 2017
- Mikkeli, Finland – August 28, 2017
- Lahti, Finland – August 30, 2017
- Kouvola, Finland – August 30, 2017
- Tampere, Finland – August 31, 2017
- Hämeenlinna, Finland – August 31, 2017
- Vantaa, Finland – September 1, 2017
Follow the tour:
@startupsauna #startupsauna #100finnishstartups
The fall program is the best time for Finnish companies to attend our program, as our program culminates at Slush, where we organize our Demo Day. During Slush, you have a chance to meet the most prominent investors and top talents from all over the world. The Sauna program is the best way to get into major side events and get direct access to investors. After the program and Slush, the best-performing companies from the batch are brought to London and Berlin to explore the local market.